The Government of India’s new project CEIR will help citizens in Lost Mobile Online Tracking through a web portal. In case if your Mobile Phone is lost or stolen by someone, now you can easily find it. Central Equipment Identity Register (CIER) will help the citizens to:
- Block the stolen/ lost Mobile Phone Device (Through IMEI Number)
- Unblock the found Mobile
- Check the IMEI Block/ Unblock Request Status
CEIR will help the users to locate their lost/ stolen mobile phones and also to block their usage. Also you can now use KYM (Know Your Mobile) Service to get the Mobile device information. Let us understand how CEIR works and some IMEI details. Here is the official news regarding the CEIR Portal.
Some common problems like Get IMEI Number Online, No Bill, Second Hand Mobile possible solutions are available.
Lost Mobile Tracking CEIR
CEIR blocks the IMEI number of the lost device and provides a common database so that every telecom operator can see it. IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity, a unique number to every mobile phone. In dual sim mobile, there will be two (02) unique IMEI for each sim. The Lost Mobile Online Tracking CEIR Complaint Process goes as.
- Firstly lodge police complaint for the lost of stolen mobile phone
- You can directly submit the Block IMEI number application using CEIR portal after submitting police complaint
- Go to the ceir web portal, and select the “Block Stolen/Lost Mobile”
- Now fill the online form and upload the Bill of the mobile phone and enter the police complaint number
- Follow the on screen instructions and submit the request
Moreover, if you are unable to access internet don’t worry just dial the CEIR Mobile Blocking Helpline Number: 14422
Other operations available for the citizens are:
- Block Stolen/Lost Mobile Phone
- Unblock Found Mobile
- Check Request Status
If your lost mobile found, yo can unblock the IMEI number and reuse the device. Also when you submit a request, at any time you can the status of request using CEIR portal.
CEIR Lost Mobile Complaint Documents Required
Before you proceed to block the Lost/ Stolen mobile phone, please be sure you have following documents. Because without them registering a request is not possible.
- Mobile Phone purchase bill (IMEI number written over it)
- Your valid identity proof (Aadhar Card, Voter Id, Passport, Driving License, Ration Card, PAN Card)
- Copy of Police Complaint and valid complaint number
- Complete description of Mobile Phone like Model, Brand etc.
You can also note your Mobile Phone IMEI number and can get the complete device information. Please go to the IMEI Verification and get the data like Model Number, Brand and other vital information.
Don’t Have IMEI Number/ Bill Solution
Now some of you may also face problems and due to them lodging complaint is difficult. Here we are discussing some common issues and their possible solutions.
1) I Don’t know the IMEI Number and my mobile is lost
Well we can understand, your search for the IMEI number will only begin after you loose the Mobile Phone. So if you have the purchase bill of the Mobile, you can get IMEI number easily. Secondly, if not the purchase bill then only your previous telecom operator can help you getting the IMEI number of your device. Please try to contact the Telecom Operator (like Jio, BSNL, Vodafone-Idea, Airtel) for help.
Your telecom operator always keep record of the device using its services. The primary information includes IMEI number, model, make, and other information.
2) I have lost the Purchase Bill of My Mobile Phone
very common issue, once you purchase the Mobile phone, you only save your bill till the time of warranty period. After that you have to re-visit the showroom and ask for the duplicate bill as the shopkeepers always have a copy of their purchase. Also the brand registers its devices at the time of first use, so you can contact the manufacturer brands also.
3) My Mobile Phone was Second Hand (resell)
For many of us buy second hand mobile phones from our friends and relatives. Please contact the person again and ask if they have any document regarding the device. Also if you have the box of mobile phone, you have the solution of your problem.
KYM (Know Your Mobile) App Download
As per the DoT new initiative CEIR, Know your Mobile (KYM) facility is available for the customers to know the whereabouts of their device. To get the Mobile Phone device details, following are the available methods.
- Go to the message of your mobile and type “KYM <15 Digit IMEI Number>” and send it to 14422, you will get all the information on your phone
- You can also download CEIR KYM App for android or iOS device. Open the App and enter the IMEI number of your device and get the information. Download App Now Android| Apple iOS
- You can also get the Mobile device information using web portal, to get the information now go to CEIR Web Portal